Are you a high performing professional in the shipbuilding industry with a passion for transforming vessels through refurbishment? We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Refurbishment to lead our ship refurbishment projects, driving excellence, profitability, and innovation adding value to our unique Merima Crew. This is a rare opportunity to take charge of our Refurbishment Business Unit, shape our processes, and contribute to building Merima’s great future.
Refurbishment business unit P&L responsibility:
- Take ownership of the Profit & Loss of the Ship Refurbishment Business Unit, ensuring financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Develop and execute strategic financial plans to drive profitability and growth.
Creation and ownership of refurbishment process:
- Craft a comprehensive and efficient ship refurbishment process, ensuring the highest standards of quality and adherence to strict maritime regulations.
- Continuously refine and innovate processes to optimize project efficiency and client satisfaction.
Establishment of project organizations:
- Build, lead, and mentor project teams, delegating roles and responsibilities for successful project execution.
- Establish clear project communication channels and reporting structures.
Administrative superior for the organization:
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to the refurbishment team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Nurture the professional growth of team members and cultivate a culture of excellence.
Successful project leadership:
- Lead ship refurbishment projects from initiation to successful completion, ensuring on-time delivery and adherence to budget and scope.
- Swiftly address challenges and obstacles, implementing effective solutions to keep projects on track.
Building and maintaining client and supplier network:
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with both existing and prospective clients, understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored solutions.
- Develop and nurture a network of reliable suppliers, negotiating favourable terms to support project success.
Participation in contract tender calculations with sales:
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to contribute to contract tender calculations, leveraging your ship refurbishment expertise.
- Support the development of competitive and accurate bids to secure new projects.
- Relevant education in shipbuilding or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in various shipbuilding tasks, including significant involvement in interior installations.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully executing at least 3 interior ship refurbishment projects.
- In-depth project finance knowledge to ensure sound financial management of projects.
- Proven results-oriented mindset with exceptional people leadership skills, known for proactive and persistent work ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for effective team leadership and client/supplier relationship management.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and the ability to perform under pressure.
- Strong team building and leadership skills, with a focus on cultivating a collaborative and high-performing team.
- A cost-efficient mentality to drive financial success in projects.
- Flexibility for travel as required to oversee projects and meet client needs.
At Merima, we believe that our success is driven by the exceptional talents of our team members. As a Head of Refurbishment, you will find a unique and rewarding environment that values your expertise and empowers your growth. We are committed to ensuring that our employees thrive both personally and professionally.
Elevate your shipbuilding career by leading transformative refurbishment projects. If you are a motivated, results-driven professional with a deep understanding of ship interiors, we invite you to contact our trusted Consultants Anu Mankki or Jari Karlahti by email (address: firstname.lastname [at] JPF.fi) for further discussions. JFP Executive Search is Merima’s partner in this recruiting process.