Are you ready to join our team to implement the most demanding ship building projects for our customers effortlessly?
As a Project Purchaser, you will play a key role in the procurement of interior projects for cruise ships. To realize the architect’s vision, you will get familiar with a wide range of raw materials and prefabricated products related to steel structures, floors, walls, ceilings and furniture. The main responsibilities will be involving in sourcing suppliers, negotiating contracts, placing orders and handling invoices. The role includes as well negotiating contracts with installation companies for various scopes.
You will work closely with Project Manager, Designers, and Suppliers, among others. The industry is governed by international shipbuilding regulations, and you will be involved in ensuring that these are respected. The location of the role is in our site office in Turku or other project site, and you will have the flexibility to work remotely. Some travelling will also be required, for example to shipyard and meetings with suppliers and customers.
What We’re Looking For?
We seek a candidate with the following qualifications and attributes:
- Procurement experience: Experience in procurement at least 3 years, ideally from construction industry, particularly in cruise ship interior projects.
- Technical Proficiency: Ability to interpret and work with technical & interior drawings.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong communication and negotiation skills are essential.
- Problem Solver: An enthusiastic problem solver who enjoys tackling diverse challenges proactively.
- Adaptability: The ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency in English: Proficiency in English is a must due to our international operations.
Why join us?
We offer you a highly varied and responsible role as part of an internationally renowned company. You will be part of creating a visual experience for world-class cruise ship interior projects as part of our enthusiastic and dedicated team. Our wellbeing is based on a well-functioning everyday life, working together, and supporting each other. Physical wellbeing is also supported by our employee benefits. In line with our values, we invest in the continuous development of both our employees’ professional skills and working practices.
If this opportunity excites you, please send your application and CV with salary requirements by 31.11.2023 to email@example.com. We are actively reviewing applications throughout the application period. For further information on the position please contact Mr Harri Suutari +358407573527 on Mondays from 16:00 to 17:00.
Join us at Merima and help create unforgettable visual experiences in the world of cruise ship interior design!